Ask the Expert: College Sophomore Wants Tips on Becoming an Investment Banker

Dear Frank,
I am currently a sophomore in college with a tremendous amount of interest in getting started in the brokerage/investment banking industry. I am willing to do anything to attain such a job. I am particularly interested in trading.

Unfortunately, I go to a school that doesn't have brokerages or investment banks recruiting on campus. I would like to know if there is some sort of mold that these firms are looking for, other than graduating from Harvard. If there is such a "mold," please let me know so I can do my best to start trying to fit it, so I can be more competitive when it comes to my senior year and I am looking for a job. Keep in mind I will do anything to fit this description so no ideas are too ludicrous for me. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Help,
Pat
Want to read more from our career experts? Learn how.

WETFEET RESOURCES